(Updated August 2021)
This Cookies Policy describes how PowerFinance (“Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) collects, uses, shares, and stores cookies in relation to its websites (the “Sites”). This Policy applies to the Sites, applications, products and services (collectively, “Services”) on or in which it is posted, linked, or referenced.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie (“Cookie”) is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies will always be used. You can find out more about each cookie by viewing our current cookie list below. We update this list periodically, so there may be additional cookies that are not yet listed. Web beacons, tags and scripts may be used in the Sites or in emails to help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our service/analytics providers on an individual and aggregated basis.
- To recognize new or past customers.
- To improve our Sites and to better understand your visits on our platforms and Sites.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising.
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and visitors to our Sites.
Some Cookies are necessary for certain uses of the Sites, and without such Cookies, we would not be able to provide many services that you need to properly use the Sites. These Cookies, for example, allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested and let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access content on our Sites. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
We also use functional Cookies and Cookies from third parties for analysis and marketing purposes. Functional Cookies enable certain parts of the Sites to work properly and your user preferences to remain known. Analysis Cookies, among other things, collect information on how visitors use our Sites, the content and products that users view most frequently, and the effectiveness of our third-party advertising. Advertising Cookies assist in delivering ads to relevant audiences and having our ads appear at the top of search results. Cookies are either “session” Cookies that are deleted when you end your browser session, or “persistent,” which remain until their deletion by you (discussed below) or the party who served the cookie.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES.
Click here to learn more about the “Private Browsing” setting and managing cookie settings in Firefox;
Click here to learn more about “Incognito” and managing cookie settings in Chrome;
Click here to learn more about “InPrivate” and managing cookie settings in Internet Explorer; or
Click here to learn more about “Private Browsing” and managing cookie settings in Safari.
If you want to learn more about cookies, or how to control, disable or delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. In addition, certain third-party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt-out of or customize preferences associated with your internet browsing. To learn more about this feature from Google, click here.
HOW INFORMATION IS SECURED
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We employ industry-standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through the Services. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data. Users of the Services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, biometrics, user ID or other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to password protected or secure areas of any of our digital services. In order to protect you and your data, we may suspend your use of any of the Services, without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
LOCAL STORAGE POLICY
How to Clear Local Storage from Your Browser:
- In Firefox, localStorage is cleared when the following conditions are met: (a) user clears recent history, (b) cookies are selected to be cleared, and (c) time range is “Everything.”
- In Chrome, localStorage is cleared when the following conditions are met: (a) clear browsing data, (b) “cookies and other site data” is selected, and (c) timeframe is “from beginning of time.” In Chrome, it is also now possible to delete localStorage for one specific site.
- In IE, to clear localStorage: (a) click on Tools–Internet Options, (b) General tab, (c) delete browsing history on exit, (d) ensure “Cookies and website data” (or “temporary internet files and website files”) is selected, and (e) consider unchecking “Preserve Favorites website data” at the top.
- In Safari, (a) Click Safari, (b) Preferences, (c) Select the Privacy tab, (d) Click Remove all website data and (e) Click Remove Now